Historic Sandy River and Rangeley Lakes Railroad Car Barn. This structure was used to repair train cars. The foundation for the Sandy River & Rangeley Lakes Railroad's new machine shop was poured in August, 1909. The building stood near the depot, with tracks running through it for cars that needed work. The roundhouse stood at the end of the shop where the quilt is hanging now. When the railroad folded in the 1930's, the stock was sold for scrap. The building became a gymnasium for the Phillips High School, and one can still see the basketball court lines painted on the floor, with a stage at the north end; many graduations, proms, and plays took place here. More recently, the building became the Phillips Area Community Center, the venue for concerts, dances, suppers, town meetings, and many other community events.